The most important question to ask yourself is:
How much money do I plan on making in this project?
A lot of videos require a whole lot – it’s not enough to just be well-made and professional video production. If you are serious about making your own music videos, you must understand that you are not going to be able to create music videos for a lot of money.
So there is going to be a limit on how much you can spend. If you don’t know the cost of the necessary equipment or software you will have trouble shooting music videos.
The key thing to remember is that equipment is expensive and time is precious. If only you were a bit more prepared!
What are the best video production equipment and software?
Let’s start using equipment that I think you need to start shooting music videos! So if your budget is low, don’t worry, you don’t have to go crazy with video equipment!
The first equipment you should look for are:
1. A mobile phone or tablet. This is the tool I personally use. I can just take a picture on the spot. It’s the way it’s working on most computers these days.
2. A camera with video function. For this you have to check more expensive video cameras. For example: Canon PowerShot S90, EOS 60D
3. Camera – DSLR or mirrorless. You can get really good camera at very cheap prices. You can get these cameras for around $300.
4. A good lens with good quality. I have a Canon 35mm lens that I use on my music videos. It’s really good. I recommend buying at least two of them because it’s really worth it.
5. A computer with a good internet connection. That’s it.
6. A camera – a DSLR or mirrorless. For this you have to check more expensive video cameras. For example: Canon PowerShot S90, EOS 60D
Now let’s look at software!
In the beginning, I recommend this setup if you want to create music videos:
1. Adobe Premiere Pro. This will work perfectly for this.
2. Adobe After Effects (with effects)
3. After Effects – Creative Cloud plugin.
After Effects – Creative Cloud plugin. You can get free version of this plugin at After Effects Wiki – Creative.
4. A video
videography courses uk, video production and editing training, udemy dslr video, how to hold a camera steady without a tripod, video production courses